[RFC] Add CrackLib to Chapter 6 LFS

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 4 22:25:16 PDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:18:09AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> So what Chris, we should modify the Shadow instructions to include
> some instructions on how to compile if Linux-PAM is not installed?

Why not? BLFS is the home of optionally do this or optionally do that.

> What is the point in that? Those instructions would then belong in
> the CrackLib instructions.

Does that hurt anything?

> Please, Chris, at least provide at least *one* reason why you think
> that CrackLib should not be included in the default LFS build. Let's
> work on that more than what BLFS should do.

I don't think discussing *options*, regardless of which part of the LFS
umbrella they fall under should be discouraged. The purpose is to create
something educational. BLFS currently is the medium by which cracklib
exists. As such, it should definitely be considered for adjustment to
meet the vision you have. Of course, a hint would work well, too. ;)

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs