[RFC] Add CrackLib to Chapter 6 LFS

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Thu Aug 4 23:28:43 PDT 2005

Chris Staub wrote these words on 08/05/05 01:19 CST:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>>The choice is still up to the reader to install the package or not.
>
> That's not a valid reasoning, particulary since it was you who said
> earlier that no package in LFS should carry a "this is optional"
> disclaimer on it. Yes, the idea of LFS is to teach how to build a custom
> system, but the point of the LFS BOOK is to give a good idea of how,
> exactly, to accomplish this.

Chris, understand I don't care if LFS includes CrackLib or not, I think
it should, but that is just one guy's opinion.

I think CrackLib should be included because it makes LFS better.

If you think differently, then so be it. But provide a technical
argument more than "seatbelt laws".

--
Randy

01:20:00 up 125 days, 53 min, 2 users, load average: 0.54, 0.93, 0.78