LFS Bootscripts

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Sun Aug 7 12:37:51 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I believe I've run across a bug in the LFS Bootscripts. It appears to
me that if the concerned script (I've only tested BLFS scripts, but I
suppose I could kill the sysklog stuff and try it) is not started, and
you issue a

/etc/rc.d/init.d/script status

command, it will report that it is running, even though it is not.

With a cursory glance at the function script, it appears to be some
malfunction in the getpid section. I really didn't try to follow it,
but it seems to me that it is doing a PS and reporting the PID of the
PS process (which has the name in it, so I believe it *thinks*
that the process is alive).

It reports that the daemon is running with such-and-such PID, but
that PID really doesn't exist except at the moment the status was
checked.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

--
Randy

14:30:00 up 127 days, 14:03, 2 users, load average: 0.67, 0.35, 0.48