LFS on x86_64

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Tue Aug 9 12:16:42 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have been trying for a few weeks now to build LFS on my Athlon64 to no
success.  The problem is, there is the main LFS book, which is designed for
x86 builds, and there is the cross book, which is designed for
something-to-x86_64 builds.  I'm building from FC4 x86_64 to x86_64.

Has anyone done this successfully? And maybe documented it?

What I'm probably looking to do it to build a clean x86_64 toolset, using
FC4's gcc-4.0.1 to build a clean gcc-3.4.4 toolchain, and then using the
clean toolchain to build LFS.

Problem is, I'm getting lost in the different instructions I'm getting from
the different books.

Thanks,
Michael