LFS Bootscripts

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Tue Aug 9 19:23:59 PDT 2005

DJ Lucas wrote these words on 08/09/05 21:12 CST:

> Okay, does the spamd script that you use set PIDFILE?

Because I'm the one that started this thread by reporting what I
felt was an error in the functions, I am curious if anyone else has
seen the issue I see. I would hate the DJ is fighting something that
really doesn't exist.

What I am seeing using the bootscripts specified in the LFS and BLFS
SVN book is behavior that when a BLFS bootscript is called with the
'status' parameter, and the referenced daemon is known not to be
running, the script returns that it *is* running with a PID that
doesn't exist.

Earlier today I killed the syslog daemons and ran the script with
the 'status' parameter and things reported correctly. However, with
BLFS bootscripts using /usr/sbin/daemonname, things don't report the
same.

Let's make sure there is really an issue here. DJ, if I can help
to ensure there is really an issue, let me know what I need to do.

--
Randy

21:17:00 up 129 days, 20:50, 2 users, load average: 1.27, 1.10, 0.75