LFS Bootscripts [SOLVED]

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 10 07:53:13 PDT 2005

David Fix wrote:
>>Non-Technical explanation:  I actually tested fully (I believe) and it
>>works!!! :-D
>

> Well that looks better.  ;)  I'm still wondering, though, why: When I have a
> process not running (spamd in this case), and I do a "spamd stop", it still
> says, "[ OK ]".  :D  Shouldn't it say "/usr/bin/spamd is not running." just
> like "spamd status" would?  :)
>
> 	Dave

Not now.  3.2.x went after partial LSB-2.1.0 compliancy to ease the
transition.  See below from the spec.

-- DJ Lucas

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_2.0.1/LSB-Core/LSB-Core/iniscrptact.html

In the case of init script commands other than "status" (i.e., "start",
"stop", "restart", "try-restart", "reload", and "force-reload"), the
init script shall return an exit status of zero if the action described
by the argument has been successful. Otherwise, the exit status shall be
non-zero, as defined below. In addition to straightforward success, the
following situations are also to be considered successful:

     *

       restarting a service (instead of reloading it) with the
"force-reload" argument
     *

       running "start" on a service already running
     *

       running "stop" on a service already stopped or not running