Cross-LFS 5.9. Glibc-2.3.5 (32 bit build on a 32 bit host)

Doug Ronne vextorspace at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:45:59 PDT 2005

 Linux From Scratch - Version 7.0-cross-lfs-20050811-x86_64

When configuring Glibc-2.3.5 for the first time , I get an error
saying that it couldn't compute the sizeof a long int.  The file that
it failed was looking for crt1.o wich apparently doesn't appear until
after you build the thing (because once I got it past this spot I
couldn't reproduce the error).  My fix was a complete hack.  I edited
the configure script and on line 7102 I changed

  if test "$cross_compiling" = yes; then

  if test yes = yes; then

this got it past the problem, it apparently skipped building some
tests.  I'm sure there is a better solution however.

-Doug