Cross-LFS 5.9. Glibc-2.3.5 (32 bit build on a 32 bit host)

Doug Ronne vextorspace at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 09:37:54 PDT 2005

On 8/13/05, Jim Gifford <lfs at jg555.com> wrote:
> Actually I found two causes for that error during my testing.
> 1 - --enable-languages=c,c++ will cause that error, don't understand why
> though
> 2 - When LFS_HOST and LFS_TARGET32 are the same. (Verified thanx to Matt
> Darcy)
Ahh, yes.  I did get the error building from the livecd, the second
time through I was building from a 64 bit ubuntu distro, that explains
why no error the second time.

> I wanted to say thank you to a few people who have been testing the book
> out.

I've had an amd64 for over a year, and have been occasionally trying
to get LFS to work on it, but never successfully because I don't quite
know enough.  So I think the thanks should go to you (and anyone else)
who is making it work for me!

-Doug