Proposal: proactive search for autofoo bugs

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Aug 15 09:34:32 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:24:50PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> >Depending on the developers' version of autoheader, it might be possible
> >to fix this by just running it on either configure.ac or configure.in
> >(for the packages that still use the old filename).
>
> No, if the relevant check is not in configure.ac. Please provide the
> sequence of autocommands that actually fix the gawk-3.1.5 bug :)

The problem is that the AC_DEFINE / AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED is not in gawk's
configure.ac?  In that case, you're right, this "fix" won't work.  I was
thinking that perhaps the developers had put the AC_DEFINE* in, but had
never rerun autoheader before releasing.  Sounds like that's not what
happened.

So never mind then.  ;-)