Do we need hotplug?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 16 12:31:10 PDT 2005

Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Die, 2005-08-16 at 20:58 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>>The downside is that races are almost unavoidable.
>
> Why do you think that races are almost unavoidable?

Yeah, I wondered that too.  I thought that events that needed replaying
were ordered now - or has that nothing to do with these race conditions
you speak of?

> If you're (or anybode else is) interested in this topic, I could explain
> our approach - simplified since event recorder got upstream.

Yep, I'd be interested, though never having had to dabble with initramfs
or initrd I've no idea on their potential complexity and therefore their
suitability for LFS.

Matt.