Changelog Format

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 17 13:50:44 PDT 2005

Richard A Downing wrote:

> I prefer a straight forward chronological list of changes without all
> the sections: Upgraded", "Added" and "Removed".

Proposals generally are better received when they contain rationale (and
no, "I prefer" doesn't count!) :)

Seriously though, I think it provides a nice clear one-stop-shop
overview of the major changes to the book for our audience.
Additionally, with the changes that Archaic and Jim made to the XML,
it's much easier to keep up to date too.

As I am writing this, Tush's email just came through.  Maybe moving this
information to a "What's New" page would be useful, leaving the far too
inquisitive reader to peruse the more detailed changelog if they so
desire.  As it's all related to changes made to the book though, I
personally think they should remain together.  Obviously it'd be much
easier to convince me if you both provided reasons *why* you don't like
the current format.

Regards,

Matt.