Need input on recommendation for introduction to programming tools

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Aug 18 09:11:58 PDT 2005

On 7/18/2005 17:22, William Harrington wrote:
> If people know how to use the programming tools that are available they
> would be able to track problems down a lot easier and for themselves.

I thought about this for a bit and see that teaching C would probably be a
bit much.  OTOH, it seems like an awful lot of errors that I've seen came
from a bad makefile or bad autotools foo causing libs not to be found or
causing duplicate function definitions and things like that.

It seems to me like drawing the line at were to stop would be the hardest
thing here.  I mean, what is a conflicting function definition to a
non-programmer?  It could easily get to be a bit much.

~Jason