Remove inetutils from LFS [was Re: GCC-4.0.1]

Tushar Teredesai sukucorp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:51:30 PDT 2005

On 8/20/05, Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:

> Yes, I know.  I guess my point was that this is old code and will not
> compile as is.  We don't know what other improvements have been made to
> the program by other maintiners. My initial reaction is that it is not
> really a viable candidate for LFS.
>
> It would be easier to use the inetutils and compile only the ping
> program there.

I agree. My link to the original ping was meant to indicate that we do
have alternatives, whether they are viable or not is for the editors
to decide.

BTW, if there are no plans to remove inetutils, we might was well keep
the utils such as ftp and telnet that it current installs.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org