Remove inetutils from LFS [was Re: GCC-4.0.1]

David Fix otqzyrn02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:05:44 PDT 2005

> Yep, and I got a similar problem at work not so long ago!
> the BUS ERROR
> in that case was caused by free()ing an invalid pointer...no,
> I know I'm
> not too good at C!  I'd imagine it's a similar problem in inetutils.
> It's just a matter of tracking it down.  I can't remember,
> but did you
> manage to get a `gdb' backtrace of it?
>
> Regardless, I think there may well be some merit in getting
> iputils to
> compile on an LFS setup, given Bruce's argument of a better/more
> complete feature set.  I may be in a position to do that later today,
> but of course, everyone else is more than welcome to give it a go
> themselves!

Ok guys...  You've now forced my hand.  ;)  Looks like I've gotta do up a
GCC-4.0.1 build now, just so I can really get myself into some hot water...
:P  Also, I *do* know C and how to debug, so I actually (gasp!) might be
able to lend a hand rather than just supply some stupid little comments here
and there.  :)

	Dave