Remove inetutils from LFS [was Re: GCC-4.0.1]

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Aug 23 11:09:41 PDT 2005

Matt,
    Which direction do we want to go in.

     Removal of inetutils ->
           Replace with netkit_base and netkit_combo? (Same as what
inetutils is)
                   Pros - Works with all architectures(cross-lfs, known
to be stable)
                   Cons - Needs heavy patching to work (I know one of
the client's has about 10 patches)
                              Not Maintained
            Replace with netkit_base and netkit_ftpd? (With just a ftp
client)
                   Pros - Small Simple - Works
                   Cons - Not Maintained
            Replace with iputils and (some ftp client)?
                   Pros - Has IPV6 support
                   Cons - Not Maintained
                              May have to add packages to support ftp client

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org
lfs at jg555.com