Remove inetutils from LFS [was Re: GCC-4.0.1]

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 23 11:49:25 PDT 2005

El Martes, 23 de Agosto de 2005 20:09, Jim Gifford escribió:
> Matt,
>     Which direction do we want to go in.

IMHO, for LFS we need only "ping" for FHS compliance. It's possible to build
(and use) just Inetutil's ping on all archs?

About "ftp", actually isn't a requisite for LFS. We could point the user to
the NcFTP, Wget, Lynx and Links BLFS pages.

Or, if the community feel that some download program must be installed on the
base LFS,  to add one of them. In that case i will vote for Lynx.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia