7.0-cross-lfs-20050818-x86_64 section 10.3 glibc installation

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Aug 23 14:44:40 PDT 2005

Ken,
    You may want to see what I did in the book, I've gotten several
builds working on MIPS64 and Sparc64(minus the bootloader issue.)
Everything went into /lib no problem, I think this may be an x86_64
issue only. The reason I say this is that the ld symlink on MIPS64 and
Sparc64 are the same name as the 32 bit one, and on the x86_64 it's
different for 32 bit and 64 bit, which is probably the issue.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org
lfs at jg555.com