7.0-cross-lfs-20050818-x86_64 section 10.3 glibc installation

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 23 16:25:52 PDT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Sack-cloth and ashes time.  I missed the "slibdir=/lib" part.  Since LFS is
> all about learning, anybody like to point me to a HOWTO on learning to read
> what the book says, rather than what I think it says ?
>
> Thanks for the clue, Jim.

  So, now I'll confirm Doug's problem :-(

CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl scripts/test-installation.pl
/building/glibc-build/
/usr/bin/ldd: line 167: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory
ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (127)
ldd execution failed at scripts/test-installation.pl line 182.
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/building/glibc-2.3.5'
make: *** [install] Error 2

  Apparently, the script thinks this is a multilib build.  Strange that
without the slibdir=/lib it must have been happy not to test the 32-bit
stuff.

Ken