--disable-nls

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Aug 23 23:03:35 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Greg Schafer wrote:
>> Hmmm, interesting. Is this a FSF or HJL thing or both? I've just noticed
>> that Binutils-pass2 also has --disable-nls. Hmm, OK. That is certainly
>> good reason to pass '--disable-nls'.
>
> This is at least for HJL. Not tested with FSF.

I've just reproduced the problem with latest HJL Binutils. FSF release is
fine.

Therefore, because LFS is currently using FSF Binutils, you *can* safely
remove --disable-nls from the build. Not that I would do that. It's wiser
to keep the cmds compatible with both FSF and HJL.

I really wish HJL would prepare his releases more formally. ie: in a
proper "make dist" type fashion. It would also get rid of the need to have
Bison and Flex available... Grrr.

Regards
Greg
--