LFS Editor Manual - Status

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Wed Aug 24 13:13:30 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>>Have you looked at the BLFS version?  They are very similar.
>>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/edguide/
>

> Yes, and I do like what's been done there. What sorts of differences are
> there in the BLFS book? After looking at it a bit more, I was wondering if
> it made sense to generalize the Editor's Guide between the two projects
> and share? Are there many policies that differ? And if so, perhaps they
> could be consigned to a section each, ie., LFS Policies, BLFS Policies.

I believe there are many differences in the details.  The info on svn
commands and the general guidance on bugzilla, validating, committing
would be the same.  However, there are significant differences on the
contents of the pages.

One thing to consider is the audience.  How many people will really need
to read these documents?  Editors and those that might want to
contribute patches are the only ones I see.

My initial reaction is that it would be more effort than it is worth.

  -- Bruce