gettext installations on machines with emacs

Doug Ronne vextorspace at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 13:00:19 PDT 2005

Whenever I try to install gettext on a machine that has emacs on it, I
get a lisp error.  If I use EMACS="" or disable emacs or without emacs
nothing happens.  The gettext-tools directory Makefile still ends up
with EMACS=emacs.  However, an

echo "ac_cv_prog_EMACS=" >> config.cache before the start does the
trick.  I would like to see this in the lfs books, unless there is a
better way of making it not work.  Does anyone know what it is trying
to build with all the lisp stuff?

-Doug