Sed assumptions

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 29 23:36:04 PDT 2005

Ken Moffat wrote:
>  OK, you guys have finally dragged me kicking and screaming towards
> building with gcc4 (well-known old compilers? I love 'em!).  And sitting
> in the chapter 5 gcc pass 2 instructions I see some 'sed -i' commands.

Whoops, I thought I'd fixed them all already :(  Basically, as Jim said,
we can't assume the host can handle '-i'.  Therefore, gcc-pass2 needs to
be changed, as do any other occurrences prior to building `sed' in
chapter 5.  The '-e' flag can be dropped too, as it's superfluous in
most (if not all) cases.

Cheers,

Matt.