Bootscript suggestion regarding udev

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 2 09:53:37 PST 2005

This is based on lfs-bootscripts version 2.2.2. I realize it's a bit dated
already so maybe this has been addressed already. If not, some food for
thought:

It's about this line from the udev script:

[ -f /dev/.udev.tdb ] && exit 0

It wouldn't be a bad idea to add an "echo" there to say the script is being
skipped. I introduced an error myself by running "udevstart" manually when
there was no ramfs mounted on /dev first, so the .udev.tdb file existed after
a reboot and I couldn't figure out why /dev/shm and /dev/pts failed to mount
because of it.