lcd screen: Bootscripts

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:07:40 PST 2005

Jim made a patch for RAQ2 systems where it looks like it can send data
to a front LCD screen, which I forgot to update for
lfs-bootscripts-3.1.0

Would anyone have any complaints about extending boot_mesg, so it can
take another parameter [something like bootmesg -lcd "Starting
telnetd" "Starting telnetd server..."] (the -lcd one would appear on
the smaller display).

My own vote would be to add it to boot_mesg, but I am a bit leary of
updating all lfs bootscripts to support it offhand.

How many users would find something like this helpful?
--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------