Formatting of bootscripts

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Jan 4 03:32:44 PST 2005

Nathan Coulson wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:01:35 +0000 (UTC), Igor Zivkovic
><igor at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

>>Archaic wrote:
>>

>>>Please voice your opinions, suggestions, etc.
>>>

>>This thread will probably turn into a religious flamefest but I think
>>using tabs for indentation and spaces for alignment would be a fair
>>compromise.
>>
>>--
>>Igor Zivkovic
>>--
>>

>no, this wont be a flamefest.  Archaic just had an idea, and everyone
>is just stating their opinions.
>
>[goes back to watching, since I'll have a decision to make when the
>thread's over]

This is important to remember, especially on an issue like this - do not
let it turn into a flame fest, and once Nathan, as the bootscripts
maintainer, makes his decision on this, to let the matter drop.

For me, I'm in favor of remaining as tabs:  1)  as said previously, it
allows someone to decide for themselves how things should look, and 2)
the fact that a tab character in a text file is only one byte, while
spaces are multiple bytes.

-J-