[RFC] using mountpoint for mountkernfs/mountfs

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 5 15:00:04 PST 2005

Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> I don't think POSIX defines /proc at all (I *think* it's a Linux only
>> invention),
>

> This doesn't mean anything as far as POSIX is concerned, but /proc is
> definitely not Linux only.  Whatever version of Solaris we used at
> college had a /proc directory.

Yeah, what I was trying to imply/infer/possibly incorrectly argue was
that if sys/stat.h is defined by POSIX, and POSIX *doesn't* also define
/proc then a POSIX compliant sys/stat.h can't possibly rely on/make use
of /proc, or can it?  Please note I've not even seen the POSIX spec -
this is all just potentially very foolish and/or dangerous assumptions
on my part.

Matt.