Proposal: ditch pre-made "console" and "network" scripts

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Jan 6 03:16:01 PST 2005

Steve Crosby wrote:

> Although the LFS book currently installs packages that provide support
> for internationalisation (known as i18n), LFS does not provide
> instructions on how to configure your system to use these features.  Some
> pointers to documentation on configuring i18n are shown above, and your
> host distribution may have some configuration information you can use.

Again inexact. Instead of "LFS does not provide instructions on how to
configure your system to use these features", I'd rather see (but please
make it more compact):

"LFS provides only generic recommendations on how to configure your system
to use these features (i.e. it tells you to set some keyboard layout, some
screen font, and some locale-related environment variables). Exact values
of these parameters for your country are most likely unknown to the
editors, and if you ask on the lfs-support list, chances are high that you
will receive a wrong answer. Such settings, and your country-specific
quirks, if any, are really supposed to be already known to you."

(BTW for Russia, no quirks are needed)

--
Alexander E. Patrakov