6.1 testing - kernel 2.6.10

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 13 16:17:49 PST 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Jens Olav Nygaard wrote:
>
>> Only that I had
>> thought the LFS "distro" would be made dependent on the kernel
>> rather than the other way around, ie., requiring a patched kernel.
>

> Well, the patch we apply to the kernel is to fix a security
> vulnerability!

I actually think kernel patches (security vulns included) that dont
affect the core kernel should NOT be applied (and Im not even sure about
ones that do).

The problem is that its a HUGE job. it'd really need an LFS-kernel
project all of its own. its WAY beyond the scope of the LFS book.

better we use a common base shared by many.