LFS 2nd Printed Edition Pre-Order Offer

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 13 16:41:21 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> S P E C I A L   P R E O R D E R   P R I C E
>
> A preorder price of $13.99 is being offered until February 15.  After
> February 15, the price will be $19.99.  For $13.99 you will get
> Linux From Scratch 2nd Printed Edition and the accompanying CD.
>
> To secure your copy at the preorder price, place your order
> at http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart/0970010004.html

That's great and a snip at ~£7.50.  The only gotcha is they charge the
same amount again for international shipping!

I was going to offer to organise a bulk-order for us UK and Euro LFSers,
but it'd probably work out more expensive than the $19.99 (£10.50) full
price, which of course would get a bit more money ploughed back to LFS.
  Presumably we can walk into our local bookshop with the ISBN and get
them to order it in, thus saving the shipping money?  Or is this only
available from cheapbytes?

Matt.