Next generation of LFS LiveCD

Andy Neebel aneebel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:04:48 PST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:16:43 -0500, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> I've been working on the next version of the livecd based on what is currently
> the LFS testing branch.  I'm using a system of Makefiles to build it, so it
> shouldn't be too hard to port to other archs.
>
> Just wanted to ask the community what improvements/changes from the most
> recent iso would you like to see added?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Jeremy Huntwork
> --

I'd appriciate it if you could add some better support for laptops.  I
know that most new laptops have most of their hardware picked up by
hotplug, but if you have a laptop that uses 16 pcmcia cards, it won't
detect them.  I think that the only way to get this to work is with
pcmcia-cs.  I understand that not everyone needs this, but since LFS
is well suited to older  and newer hardware, it would be nice if the
livecd could better support it.

Just a thought.

Andy Neebel