binutils deps

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Jan 24 17:22:32 PST 2005

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> Robert Connolly wrote:
>>
>>> Hello. In 6.0/6.1-testing it says:
>>> Binutils installation depends on: Bash, Coreutils, Diffutils, GCC,
>>> Gettext, Glibc, Grep, Make, Perl, Sed, and Texinfo
>>>
>>> But HJL Binutils also depends on m4, bison, and flex.
>>
>> IIRC, LFS doesn't use HJL Binutils.
>
> Actually, starting with LFS 6.0, we are using the HJL binutils,
> because it passes testsuites while stock 2.15 doesn't.

Um, OK Jeremy.  I believe you, but how does one figure that out from the
book?  I looked in section 3.2 and that sends me to freshmeat.  I don't
see any indication there that the version is HJL binutils.  I also don't
see any indications of the version in sections 5.4 or 6.13 (not that I
would expect it).

  -- Bruce