anduin.linuxfromscratch.org - RFC

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Jan 24 18:22:57 PST 2005

The BLFS Editors are in the process of constructing a new Web/FTP server
to host LFS/BLFS source code.  Right now the organization of the site is
quite crude (non-existent).  We are looking for suggestions about how to
set it up.  Our thought is to do something like:

sources
  LFS
    6.0
      [all lfs sources/patches]
    6.1-testing
      [all sources/patches, links to 6.0 where appropriate]
    6.1-unstable
      [all sources/patches, links to 6.0/6.1 where appropriate]
  BLFS
    6.0-svn
       Part II
         [sources/patches]
       Part III
         [sources/patches]
       Part ...

isos
   LFS-live-cd.iso

We are not planning on saving historical versions of packages, but its
possible we might want to do that if the demand is there.  We don't have
a space problem as there is at least 40Gb free right now.

It's an open question whether we put the books themselves on the site
because they are really mirrored fairly well right now.

The BLFS book probably should not point to this site for the individual
packages, but we are planning to put in a section saying that the site
is available, but the references to the original sources are in the book
for researching different versions of the packages.

Any opinions or thoughts will be appreciated.

  -- Bruce