Former Contributors file added

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 26 15:18:36 PST 2005

Hi guys,

I have added a file to SVN TRUNK called FORMER_CONTRIBUTORS which
contains a list of former contributors to the LFS project. It is
incomplete at the moment. I added the names that came immediately to
mind but I know I have overlooked a lot of them. No offense intended to
people who were missed out. Just bad memory, don't take it personally.
If you are missing from the file, just speak up and you'll be added.

The reason for adding this file is the recent removal of former
contributors from the 6.0 book. The list was getting too long, so I
opted to only list active contributors.

This has resulted in complaints and (what I consider) threats that
virtually all traces were removed. To take care of that, said file was
created and now former contributors are mentioned again.

If in the future people are removed from the book's Acknowledgements,
they will be moved to this file rather than simply removed.

If there are any questions or concerns, let me know. The implemention is
open for discussion. It does not need to be by way of this specific file
perse. If there are nicer solutions to the problem, let's discuss them.
As long as those people are mentioned somehow, somewhere.

PS: file is only in Trunk, not in a branch. It can be merged/copied to a
branch when it comes time to create a release out of the branch. There
is no need to keep a number of copies of this file floating around and
having to remember to merge changes from Trunk into that Branch. Trunk
will suffice and in every generated release tarball.