[ANNOUNCE]: Pre-Release of new livecd

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 29 20:51:42 PST 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 11:10:09AM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>>Thirdly, I'd like some help/suggestions on versioning - I'll have both the
>

> livecd-lfsversion-cdversion.iso.bz2
>
> where lfsversion is either a date (testing) or the release number *that
> the cd uses*
>
> and where version is simply 1, 2, 3. I don't see a specific need for
> fancy numbering in this case.
>
> ex: livecd-20050129-1.iso.bz2
> or
>     livecd-6.1-1.iso.bz2

Hmm. Seems reasonable - but I might want to do more than just single
numbers for the cd, seeing that the makefiles will likely be undergoing
some revisions - and that's really what's going to be making the cd.

Previously, I did the builds by hand, so it was really only one build,
tweaked and tweaked.  This time round, whenever the makefiles can
consistently build a cd I'm happy with releasing, I'll release both a
new iso (built from a new run of the scripts) and a tarball of the
Makefiles.  So I'm thinking I might want a more descriptive versioning
system that will reflect changes in the makefiles and in turn, the cds.

How does that sound?

--
Jeremy H.