dynamic network scripts

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 30 13:41:53 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 13:10, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>>Of course, all this needs to be seen in the context of coming from a
>>wired network bigot :)
>

> Still, you do raise a good point. I forgot that the wireless tools
> aren't part of LFS but rather BLFS (or could be if they aren't yet).

But then somebody else (Randy) mentioned something that I would be in
complete agreement with.  If there is a way to allow BLFS/hint material
to simply "hook" into our existing setup, without obfuscating our
bootscript code too much, I'd be more than happy for that type of change
  to be made (assuming a change is even required).

If there are two things I know the least about LFS (through my own
ignorance, I hasten to add) it's the bootscripts and networking.  As
such I'm probably the least qualified person on this list to actually be
making suggestions in this thread.  Ah, the beauty of free speech :)

Matt.