mail2news

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 31 21:48:33 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 22:24, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> The mail2news gateway seems quirky - I've been noticing recently that
> some posts aren't finding their way through from one to the other.
> Anyone have an idea about why that's happening?

"From one to the other" -- does that problem go both ways or is it, for
example, always originating news posts not making it to the mailinglist?

Some could be a size problem. I manually moderate messages above a
certain size to go through (>50KB or >100KB depending on the list) and
INN may just not allow those to come through. Can you double check if
it's those kind of messages?

Also, some messages might get held for moderation if they are HTML based
which would cause delays (though not drops since when they are accepted
it should go from mail to news).