Cross LFS

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Sat Oct 1 12:03:54 PDT 2005

Manuel and LFS-dev,

    I have been thinking about this for a few days. Cross-LFS has two
different options in it, boot and chroot. Boot is a complete reboot and
chroot is like the standard LFS book. Talking with various people, an
idea popped into my mind. Having two separate books, Cross-LFS with the
cross-tools and boot section and a version of the old Multi-Arch LFS
book which would have the cross-tools section remove and utilizing the
chroot section.

The only downfall I see of this idea, is the book rendering issues. Is
it possible just to render the complete book as it is now, and then make
new index pages with the sections listed as above?

What type of modifications would we need to do accomplish this?

Would LFS benefit from this? (I say yes)

Please express your thoughts and even pose questions.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org
lfs at jg555.com