cross sparc64 chapter 5 glibc tls required error with 20050930 version of book

Frans Verstegen frans_verstegen at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 2 06:12:21 PDT 2005

Brian Kadzban wrote:
>> Frans Verstegen wrote:
>> Fiddling with the configure-fragment (running manually) the
>> compile/link aborts because the crt1.o cannot be found:
>>   bash-2.05b# sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc
>>   -mtune=ultrasparc -o conftest.bin   -g -O2 conftest.s
>>   /home/lfs/cross-tools/bin/../lib/gcc/sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>   /4.0.2/../../../../sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crt1.o: No
>>   such file: No such file or directory
>>   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Is the same error in your top-level config.log file?  That's what
> that log file is there for -- to log errors like this.
> Whether it is or not, someone more familiar with cross compiling
> will probably have to step in -- I'm just trying to narrow down
> the problem.

> I have no idea if this is normal or not, either.

The log file doesn't say anything useful:
  configure:7520: result: 0
  configure:7549: result: running configure fragment for
sysdeps/sparc/sparc64/elf
  configure:6: checking for sparc64 TLS support
  configure:50: result: no
  configure:61: checking for sparc64 ld WDISP22 handling
  configure:83: result: ok

Frans