Automatics LFS builds using jhalfs.

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 2 08:53:20 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> One thing I noticed, though it's not a huge thing... You may want to add
> a .PHONY list of targets that don't need to be checked to see if they've
> already been run. Will slightly speed up processing time. But if it's a
> lot of trouble to automate, it's not that important.

Just tested out the script, now, too. There's one more thing I noticed,
which, if I can, I'll try to put a little time into later to
incorporate. I'd like to see a nicer way to control the output.
Certainly, we'd want to log as much as we can, but it's much nicer to
have easily readable output.

For an example of what I mean, download and start the livecd build. (You
don't need to let it run for long...)

mkdir /mnt/lfs
cd /mnt/lfs
svn co svn://linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/x86/trunk lfs-livecd
cd lfs-livecd
make

--
JH