Automatics LFS builds using jhalfs.

Jeremy Huntwork jmhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 4 09:38:36 PDT 2005

Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Right.  I guess I just wanted to point out the opportunity that by
> invoking exec su -c, you can switch to root and replace the existing
> process.  However, I didn't mean to imply that you must run a script
> as the argument for the env statement.  I was thinking that part of an
> existing make target would be the chroot env command as shown in this
> statement:
>
> exec su -c "chroot /mnt/lfs /tools/bin/env -i \
>  ${VARIABLES} make -C /tools/src chroot"

I prefer this method, and this is what we already use in the LiveCD
Makefiles (minus the su -c). We have specifc targets that are made after
chroot, so chroot is done once, all the packages needed built in that
process, and chroot exited.

Unfortunately, it's a little more work to set that up in the Makefile
jhalfs is creating via a for loop. Perhaps after some time...

--
JH