Time to remove CFLAGS note from glibc?

Tushar Teredesai sukucorp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:38:27 PDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
> > Anyways, the point of my thread is not to decide which flags are ok
> > for glibc but that the warning in the book should be removed. It could
> > probably be reworded to state that -march options may cause problems.
>
> Do the similar warnings for binutils and gcc need removing too, or is it
> just glibc that is pretty agnostic with regards to optimisation options?

Same thing applies for all.

Instead of having the same section in all 3 toolchain packages, a
better alternative (IMO) is to have a section on Optimization at the
begining and move the current text in
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/chapter06.html#ch-system-introduction>
 to that section. Also add a special note about the toolchain packages
in the new section.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org