jhalfs: Ready to go.

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Oct 14 02:34:17 PDT 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that jhalfs is now able to build a full LFS SVN
> system (or any other LFS XML sources based in current LFS SVN) in a very
> simple way and using the actual commands found in the XML sources.
>
> The sources can be downloaded via
>
> svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk
>
> Testers are needed to find possible bugs, features request, code improvements,
> make better build logs, etc...

Feature request: don't hardcode target numbers. E.g., in my UTF-8 book,
a new package (gdbm) has been added, thus causing number skew for all
packages after it. Thus, constructions of the following form fail:

if [ "$i" = "082-groff" ] ; then {do something} ; fi.

Until this is fixed, I can't make my UTF-8 book compatible with jhalfs.

BTW, a similar problem will appear soon in trunk due to removal of hotplug.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov