cross-lfs build flags

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 14 11:52:02 PDT 2005

jaca wrote:
> Hello
>
> I found some problems while creating cross-lfs Sparc/UltraSparc. In
> chapter "9.2. Build Flags" the build flags are configured as follows:
>
> export BUILD32="-mabi=32"
> export BUILD64="-mabi=64"
>
> using this flags I can't configure no package. The error says that the
> compiler cannot create executables. I've checked in gcc's man and
> found that there is no support for this flags for Sparc architecture.
> So i've started using -m23 and -m64 flags. As far as now the packages
> compile.

I was just talking with another dev about this exact thing. :) I'm using
the same flags as in chapter5 ie:

BUILD32="-m32 -mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc"
BUILD64="-m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc"

So far everything is working well. It looks like the instructions in the
book were meant for another architecture but got included in the sparc
book by mistake. Investigating further...

--
JH