jhalfs: Ready to go.

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Oct 14 19:42:07 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, has anyone else tried this?
>>

>> The showstopper is in /home/lfs/.bash_profile: the "su" command starts
>> a shell that, as a result, waits for user input. I deleted that file.
>
> Hrm. I'm not seeing the behavior you're describing. jhalfs builds the
> development book completely through without interruption here... I'll
> look out for it, though.

The problem is only with non-LFS hosts that define
NONINTERACTIVE_LOGIN_SHELLS. Since the "lfs" user never logs in using an
interactive shell, his .bash_profile is never used on "normal" hosts and
(as already mentioned) only causes damage on "strange" hosts. So I
propose to add role="nodump" to the creation of .bash_profile in the book.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov