[OT] Strace

Duncan Webb duncan-lfs at linuxowl.com
Tue Oct 25 07:42:28 PDT 2005

Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Duncan Webb wrote:
>
>> I know this is off topic, so don't shout at me...
>>
>> I was trying to build strace-4.5.12 under x86_64 but it has
>> compilation problems. Attached is a patch, taken from gentoo that
>> fixes there.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Duncan
>>

>  Blimey, it's a bit big, isn't it ;)  I've got a somewhat shorter
> patch
> http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net/patches/strace-4.5.12-quota_fixes-1.patch
>

> - can't remember if I've tested it on x86_64-64 (thought I had, but
> maybe not), it's to address the problem caused by using a glibc
> snapshot which knows about the second version of LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION.
> I haven't submitted mine to patches@ because strace was tagged for
> 4.5.13, so I'm expecting it to be released soon.  Does x86_64 have
> other problems with strace ?
>
>  My rule of thumb for Beyond-Cross-LFS, at the moment, is to mention
> issues on blfs-support.
>
> Ken

94K...

Just applied all the gentoo patches that where applied to the amd64
build and then diff'ed it.

Sorry about posting it here, thought that blfs would have been better,
but they don't install strace in the blfs book.

Only because stupid *shadow* exits uncleanly when /etc/login.defs does
not exist. Time to build a patch for shadow...

Duncan