Linux-Libc-Headers-2.6.12.0 problem

Duncan Webb duncan-lfs at linuxowl.com
Wed Oct 26 00:58:08 PDT 2005

I think that there's a small problem with installation of chapter 10
Linux-Libc-Headers-2.6.12.0 installation.

I creates a the file /usr/include/linux/config.h with the lines:
#error "Compilation aborted. Please read the FAQ for linux-libc-headers
package."
#error "(can be found at
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/doc/)"

The FAQ says that most users want to empty this file but in gentoo and
my older LFS 4 build I've this in the config.h
#ifndef _LINUX_CONFIG_H
#define _LINUX_CONFIG_H

#include <linux/autoconf.h>

#endif

This config.h and autoconf.h come from the kernel build.

Question is what to do, empty or copy these two files from the kernel build.

TIA
Duncan

BTW only noticed this when building Xorg.