Version 7.0-cross-lfs-20051024-x86_64 missing section

Duncan Webb duncan-lfs at linuxowl.com
Wed Oct 26 09:05:14 PDT 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

> Duncan Webb wrote:
>
>> I think that there is a missing section in 11.9. The Bash Shell
>> Startup Files, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that the PATH is set.
>

> That is correct
>

>> In chapter 7. If You Are Going to Boot section 7.14. Setting Up the
>> Environment the PATH is written but never gets overridden.
>

> Explain what you mean. When you boot into the cross-lfs, this will
> setup you PATH to what is needed to complete to book.

That's correct the path is set to complete all the packages in the book;
then a reboot to bring up the new LFS system but the path still has the
/tools/bin:/tools/sbin in it. Of course, BLFS will later correct this
but I would have thought that LFS would have a correct path when it has
been completed.

Which route is take chroot or boot the resulting files should be the same.

Duncan