Perl - Cross-LFS Multilib

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 28 05:49:24 PDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Thomas Pegg wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 21:35 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>

>>   OK, using Ryan's patch from last week plus the installstyle echo, with
>> only a 64-bit perl, everything is in /usr/lib64/perl5 and XML-Parser
>> installs into /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl.  Looks good, apart from
>> the libc=/lib/ issue in 'perl -V'.
>>
> I think I may have a found a solution for that, I used a patch (attached
> below) that's a variation on the current libc patch, the main
> differences being that I dropped the last hunk of the patch it's only
> needed for the tools version of perl. It does set libc properly (partial
> output of perl -V below". I also used the -Dlibpth Jim posted earlier so
> perl doesn't set it to just /usr/local/lib.

  Thanks.

   I was going to say it didn't work for me (tried something similar last
night, but ./perl -V still showed /lib), but your output persuaded me to
retry : 'make install' does something to perl - before make install,
./perl -V shows libc=/lib, after make install both ./perl -V and perl -V
now show libc=/lib64.  Finding that out is less painful than trying to
work out what libpth is used for in Configure, so I'm very grateful.

  A little more testing to do (rewind to before perl, make a clean
install, test a little), then I'll put my editing hat on.

Ken