Cross X86_64 Question /usr/lib64

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 28 09:44:00 PDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Duncan Webb wrote:

> I've a question arising from the build of xorg. xorg decided to install it's
> libraries and modules into /usr/lib64
>
> On a pure64 system this directory is not created.
>
> Question is:
> 1) should a symlink from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 be created in the section
> Creating Directories in chapters 7 & 8
> or
> 2) #define HaveLib64               NO in the xc/config/cf/host.def
>
> Regards,
> Duncan

  BLFS issues.  Since the BLFS book is purely x86 at the moment, this
sort of thing is better discussed on blfs-support.  If you search the
archives for blfs-support, you will find that pure64 wants three defines
in host.def - HaveLib64 only controls the libGL symlink, you also want

#define LibDirName lib
#define LibDir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11

(obviously, the last of these assumes you are using the old /usr/X11R6,
if you put pure64 X into /usr you'll have to document the issues
yourself)

  Hint for search.linuxfromscratch.org: look for both x86_64 and pure64.

Ken