initramfs - why not?

Juerg Billeter j at bitron.ch
Mon Oct 31 22:54:25 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 19:39 -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:
> Have they ever figured out how when your build a kernel to add the
> modules that your building into the initramf? So you can have a complete
> modular system?

I currently use a separate initramfs image and I build that right after
building the kernel and the modules, so no problem there. Previously as
I've integrated the initramfs in the bzImage, I just issued make twice,
maybe this doesn't feel that clean but there are no real issues with it.

Jürg

--
Juerg Billeter <j at bitron.ch>